Thursday, October 13, 2005

updates

I've been plugging through the MSP tutes again in an effort to try and understand this stuff better on a second run.

I am toying with a few different ideas for midterm/final and the dance project. One will necessitate a lot of recording work so I think it might be more viable as a final or as an extension of this class' work -- the idea is to track many excerpts from a newspaper, have possibly dozens of people reading the same stories, and then triggering different samples (opening different gates) with movement (the idea at its most sophisticated) or several wireless mouse-es. I've read up a bit on sensors and am not sure what to do yet: several cameras could be very cool to use but then there's a big jitter element added to the project. That could be cool but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.

I'll have to make some decisions and roll with them for the 18th.

No comments: